Monday, April 6, 2009

Reducing invisible costs and facing the Energy Challenge at Work in Brazil

Begin of January, when I came to work on Monday morning, I had a good surprise. Shell was distributing to all employees a customized cup as part of the Energy Challenge at Work program. The main aim is to reduce the usage of plastic cups, reducing the trash we generate, reducing the cost for Shell to replace it and, why not, make people happier of having a Shell cup, a nice one by the way.

I don’t know how many plastic cups everyone of us uses a day but considering a 7 floors building with around 100 people by floor, drinking water and coffee, it should be a very high value of $$$ going to trash literally.

As soon as I see more examples of how we are facing the Energy Challenge at Work here in Brazil I post again.

Regards,

Alex Lopes

No comments: